For splicing applications requiring quick stick and an aggressive, permanent hold, use 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 850. Used in a variety of applications, including web processing, label protection, and marking. This tape is available in various colors, as well as a transparent.
The backing is a thin, high-strength polyester which is abrasion resistant to help reduce splice failures while resisting breakdowns during rough handling and web processing. Coated with an aggressive pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive, this tape grabs on contact and holds securely. It meets low-caliper requirements to ensure it won't interfere with most machinery. The tape can withstand a wide temperature range from -60°F/-50°C to 300°F/150°C.
- 4 inch width x 216 yards
- 8 inch width x 216 yards
- Core starting
- Splicing and web defect marking
- Sealing, labeling and protecting
- Decorative edging
- Tape hinge
Inquire About Product Options:
- Transparent and silver versions meet a variety of aerospace specifications
- Colored versions are highly visible for applications where marking or identification is required
- Transparent version is chemical and solvent resistant